Monday, February 9, 2009

Introduction

In an attempt to improve my musical education and to pay homage to this excellent blog, this blog is an attempt to listen to one of Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time a day and blog about it. It will be no easy task, especially as I intend to start from the bottom (More Than A Feeling by Boston) and work my way through to the top (Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan). In truth, it will be a titanic task that I probably won't finish, as it will require grit, determination and woolen ears (in the case of Boston). But, as Hunter S. Thompson used to say, I am chock full of grit.

Enjoy the journey (incidentally, Journey do not appear on the list, something for which I am immensely grateful to the good people of Rolling Stone magazine).

2 comments:

  1. I am truly honoured to have inspired such a journey (sorry to mention them). I look forward to reding each and every post...

    ReplyDelete