Monday, March 2, 2009

Survival Instincts

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

Find the video yourself, I can't be bothered

Whenever I hear this song I think of men with moustaches in leather pants dancing with one another in a promiscuous way in early '80's San Francisco. That's a touch weird because I've never been to San Francisco, nor was I really sentient in the early '80s (having been born in '79). It's not a negative image, but I don't think it's really my scene. Which is not why I hate this song.

Instead, I hate this song for many different reasons. One is because it's shit. Another is because it's a karaoke staple and I despise karaoke. A third reason is because it's disco and I just can't bring myself to like disco. I don't even like the monotone-voiced Cake cover of it, and I like Cake. It's just a song that I hate, for good reason or not. Which is why I'm going to say that this is second only to Dusty Springfield in the worst songs I've listened to on this list and stop there.

Verdict: They did a lot of drugs in the disco era, which probably explains the music.

Tomorrow: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon


1 comment: