Monday, July 27, 2009

The Del-Vikings - Come Go With Me

Oh hell yes, there is nothing that this red-blooded male loves more than some Del-Viking acapella-style vocal harmonising. Even cold beer, fast cars and wild women are mere distractions on the road to the shining temple of the Del-Vikings. And why not? Everyone knows that nothing is cooler than vikings, not even pirates or ninjas (ninja-pirates may have a slight edge on them, but that's just semantic frippery).

That said, I'm getting the impression that these rather honey-voiced, shiny-faced, smartly-attired young men didn't know much about rape, pillage or drinking the blood of their vanquished foes. In fact, I'm feeling a little cheated. I bet they don't even believe in Valhalla. I can't see them singing this crap while they row their longboat to a faraway shore for a relaxing spot of massacre. Frauds. See image comparison below:


Viking.


Del-Viking.

The song sucks. I was lying, I hate acapella-style vocal harmonising. These guys make Celine Deon look like a marauding beserker. The song is so saccharine sweet it made my teeth ache. If they were singing about decapitation, or even the aerodynamic properties of battleaxes, I'd be more inclined to listen to it, but as far as I can work out, there's not even a mention of Thor.

These guys are vikings like I'm a real music reviewer.

Verdict: This is one of those times I wish for a real horde of vikings.

Tomorrow: Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

No comments:

Post a Comment